Youth Initiative Council
Applications are being accepted for positions on the newly-established Youth Initiative Council for Everett residents between the ages of 14-18 who want to get involved in local government and create change on a city level.
The Youth Initiative Council members will identify important issues in the community of Everett and work together towards solutions. The nine selected applicants will be the first cohort to establish the goals of the Youth Initiative Council and construct a legacy for future cohorts. This current term will be from late May to the end of this school year (June 2021) then begin again with the same cohort for the 2021-2022 school year cycle.
There is an intention for each member to receive a $1,000 stipend at the end of their term.
Expectations of Youth Initiative Council members:
- Attend weekly meetings
- Plan and participate in YIC activities and events
- Serve as a public leader and represent Everett youth
- Dedicate at least 10 - 15 hours per month
- Engage in meetings; organize, coordinate, and attend events
- Be engaged and fulfill responsibilities
- An interest in public service and be a change agent